I was at Jackson square with Becky, Sam, and Erika. it was kinda sketchy at first without a guy with us, but God gave us such strength and boldness and we talked to some really awesome people!
There were a bunch of youth there, way more then usual and they were having all this trouble with cops.
We talked to a girl who was 15 a pregnant with her second kid
another who was 16, pregnant for the first time, but had a restraining order against the father and charges on herself for threatening other girls.
Every time I go downtown the reality of the pain there hit me like a ton of bricks, but I have never seen so many youth out like that. And my heart absolutely broke for them. I kept going to the "washroom" but I was really going just so I could cry. These people are living in absolute poverty and pain, and I live 15 minutes away, and go to a private university that costs over $20,000 a year, and the only pain I really have is I'm not doing well in theory class.
It really hit me when we were talking to one girl and she said, "people think I'm over-exaggerating, but this is my reality"
Lord, fill Hamilton with your love and your mercy! Let me be a instrument of righteousness for you! I want to proclaim your truth to the people of Hamilton.
No comments:
Post a Comment